The officers were said to come back from a certainty building mission in remote towns when presumed herders opened fire on them in Tse Akpam town, close Azege town.
2. Three University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID) teachers snatched by Boko Haram fear mongers in Magumeri, Borno State have been discharged.
Buhari’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, said additionally discharged by the Boko Haram psychological oppressors, were 10 ladies hijacked in an assault by the activist gathering on a military/police escort on Damboa Road, close Maiduguri.
3. Senator Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State has proclaimed that President Muhammadu Buhari isn’t responsible for Nigeria and that the nation is being administered by a scheme in the Presidential Villa.
The senator, who said he doesn’t have any individual issue against the President, demanded that Buhari does not have the political will to handle security challenges confronting the nation, for example, the perpetual assaults by Fulani herders.
4. Two gatherings of the Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria, Caritas Nigeria and Justice Development and Peace Commission have censured Kogi state senator Yahaya Bello over his announcement concerning Catholic clerics’ visit to Buhari
The National Director of the gatherings, Rev. Fr. Evaristus Bassey in an announcement said Bello is a disfavor to the Not-as well Young-to-Run Campaign, for purportedly offending Catholic diocesans over vote of no certainty passed on President Buhari.
5. The Minister of Communication, Adebayo Shittu, has said that President Muhammadu Buhari has helped out Igbo and Yoruba individuals than the House/Fulani in this organization.
He called attention to that while a few Nigerians are censuring a few strategies of the President, he (Buhari) is being commended every day in Europe, the Asia and even on the African landmass.
6. The Catholic Bishop of Sokoto Diocese, Most Revd Dr Matthew Hassan Kukah, has cautioned Nigerians against being betrayed by the Coalition of Concerned Nigerians shaped by ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo.
Kukah likewise revealed to Nigerians that President Muhammadu Buhari has done whatever he can and has nothing else to offer.
7. The northern older folks on Saturday coasted another gathering called Northern Political Leaders Forum (NPLF).
The gathering developed at a gathering of Northern Elders and Stakeholders Conversation co-met by a previous national director of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Dr. Bello Mohammed; previous Deputy Senate President Ibrahim Mantu; and Second Republic Senator Paul Wampana.
8. A chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has thrashed previous presidents Olusegun Obasanjo and Ibrahim Babangida.
In an article titled ‘Why President Muhammadu Buhari’s case is extraordinary’, Igbokwe said Nigerians are disregarding both Obasanjo and Babangida in light of the fact that their evaluations of the country’s pioneer were done in lacking honesty.
9. A secret snake is said to have sneaked into the record office of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB, in Makurdi, the Benue State capital and carried off N36 million money.
A business agent, Philomina Chieshe, revealed to JAMB enlistment center and his group that she couldn’t represent N36 million she made in earlier years previously the abrogation of scratch cards.
10. President Muhammadu Buhari yesterday denied that the Federal Government has finished up plans to make cows state the country over.
Buhari, who talked at the South-South intuitive gathering of Buhari Support Group in Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital, said the workplace of the President under the 1978 Land Use Act has no control of terrains in states, aside from in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja.